Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas (ok...a day late)

Merry Christmas Everyone! We hope everyone has a blessed and safe Holiday Season!

Sorry folks, that's as good as it's going to get. Between the move and the kids, I just didn't have the patience, time, or energy to get out Christmas cards this year. So, I think I'll start writing them out for next year...that way I can send them early...like October!

We had Family Christmas on Joe's side on the 22nd and that was really nice. The food was excellent as always, although somehow my containers of meatballs got left behind...bummer.

I talked to my sister-in-law on Sunday and she mentioned that both her and my father-in-law were sick with a stomach bug...throwing up like crazy and a general feeling of yuckiness and exhaustion. I was hoping no one in our household would get it. But Monday morning about 2am Dom woke up vomiting all over the bed. Since I was nursing Mia, it was the first time Joe has ever had to do solo clean up duty when one of the kids were sick. About an hour later, Tasha woke up vomiting all over too. They both woke up feeling a little better, and we were hoping the rest of us were in the clear...but it wasn't to be. Monday night, Zack starting saying his tummy had an owie, then promptly doubled over and puked all over the living room floor. He couldn't even keep water down the poor guy. At least Dom and Tasha got to mostly sleep through their ickiness. We were basically thinking at that point, "Three down, one to go." Sure enough, about an hour later, Mia started in with the gut crunching vomiting. They both got really lethargic. I put Mia on the couch and she just sat there, which she never does. She actually fell asleep just sitting there, so we knew she wasn't feeling right. Christmas morning however, everybody seemed normal, with the exception of stuffy or runny noses on everyone. Knock on wood, Joe and I seem to be in the clear.

We've got my family gathering this Saturday, and I think we're all going to be there this year, except my brother Steve, since he's in Iraq...and my brother Tom, because his work schedule stinks. I'm looking forward to seeing my family.

On to a potential milestone...we've decided to move Dom to his own bed. So yesterday, we debunked them (and they just barely fit in the room) and put him in his after he fell asleep last night. I fully expected him to be in our bed in the middle of the night, but he slept in there until Joe started the shower at 5:30! I was shocked. I know it was only one night, but I'm hoping its an indicator that this will be an easy transition for him.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: