Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Up and Running!!

I really love my husband! He somehow talked Dell into sending us a replacement keyboard to see if that is what the problem with the laptop was...and thankfully it seems to be working just fine now....YAY!! Not a whole lot is new overall. It's still snowy and cold, although the sun has been out more lately. Joe and the boys were a bit snuffly over the last few days, but that seems to be clearing up and thankfully appears to have skipped me.

Oh, some more neighbor drama: About a week ago, he had another little spaz moment. The kids didn't have a good night sleep, so they were quite tantrumy...lots of screaming out of them because they weren't getting what they wanted. I finally get them calmed down, and we're all in the living room. All of the suddenthere is massive pounding on the front door, and the neighbor is yelling his head off. The only words I could make out were "noise"and "bitch". He then went to his car and left. He screwed the screen door up so that it doesn't close properly now.

I reported it to the police and the officer I dealt with was great. She said she got a call a few months ago where a guy (she's now pretty sure it was him) wanted to know if the noise of children violated the city ordinance ondisturbing the peace! She just about laughed her head off. We totally "get" how the noise can be annoying...we live in it fer cryin out loud...but there are appropriate ways to handle things, and inappropriate ones...and this guy clearly has anger control issues. The police officer actually knew who he was since he used to be on the fire department here (he got kicked off). She flat-out told me he was a "hothead". I'm really glad this whole thing wound up on the desk of a female police officer with three kids! She called him and basically told him that kids aren't robots, you can't always control them. He admitted he banged on the door (which surprised both of us). She made it very clear that what he did was totally inappropriate and if he did it again, we'd have him cited for disorderly conduct. We've not heard a peep from him since. We're still looking to move in the spring. Interestingly enough, the report my father-in-law filed in November (when the neighbor threatened to "offload on his face" mysteriously never got filed anywhere. The police have no record of a report being filed...which doesn't really surprise me if this guy has buddies on the police department.

I created a myspace page, and will probably be loading new pictures there instead of here because it's easier to do on that site and I can make slideshows out of them. When I get the page designed how I want it to look, I'll post the link.

Off to play with the kids!

No comments: