Friday, November 2, 2007

We're Here!

We've officially transplanted ourselves to Wisconsin, and boy was it F-U-N. We got here on Saturday, the 27th at 8:30 pm. We basically unloaded the trailer, and went to bed. On Sunday, Joe and his dad had to go back to IL to get all the stuff we couldn't fit into the vehicles on Saturday...and there was still stuff there, so my brother went and picked the last of it up, and it's in my Gramma's garage. Apparently humans are like fish...we expand to fill our bowls. After getting rid of six minvan loads of stuff prior to the move, I never would have imagined we'd still have so much. I'll be purging more as I unpack, because I refuse to have a bunch of stuff we don't really, really need. I'm trying not to be too hard on myself, because I didn't get to purge the kitchen stuff like I wanted to...we just ran out of time.

Note to self: Never, ever move with a newborn again.

This week has been interesting to say the least. Zack has picked up on the fact that this is our "new home", but Dom has said several dozen times, "Mama, I want go home." Which is not easy on me, because frankly, I want to go "home" too. Thankfully, I've had a bunch of help from my in-laws in moving stuff and watching kids so I could unpack, and my friend came over for a few hours on Weds. so I could unpack clothes...I finally found my socks!! I'm hoping some of the overwhelmed, homesick feelings will dissipate once we get somewhat settled in.

The townhouse is really nice, and I'm looking forward to decorating and making it "our place." One major downside is the neighbors who live in the other half have, thus far, been less than welcoming. I was really hoping we would get along with them, and be able to have a friendly relationship, but it appears it's going to be more along the lines of us just tolerating each other's existence...at least with the husband. Joe had a brief encounter with the wife yesterday, and said she was friendly, so we'll see what happens.

Well, I've sat here long enough for now...I need to go work on organizing toys...yippie!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll be up to help & to meet the new family member!